[3830] SS-CW-LP-SWEEP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS-CW-LP-SWEEP
From: gussam@newcomm.net (Gus VO1MP)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 01:20:04 -0330
VO1MP  Gus Samuelson
St. Phillips Newfoundland
                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1998

      Call: VO1MP                    Country:
      Mode: CW                       Category: SO/UNASSISTED/Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80        9       18        -
       40        7       14        -
       20      241      482        -
       15      244      488        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    501     1002       79

               Score:  79,158

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: about - 8

Equipment Description:  ts 950sd
                        204ba     HB -4 ELE-15  Loop/40 Dipole-80
                        CT logging

Conditions were disturbed according to WWV mebbe that's what is required
for a clean sweep. Worked it backwards last two I need for the sweep were Mar
and NL
in that order !!
Great when the pile up can be used to YOUR advantage !! on  several occasions I
asked qrx for
needed sections and le voila  there they were,  almost felt like cheating  hi !
KH6 , KL7, UT , SF, 6 & 7  sections and a few others. For the most part even
though there was
always
someone calling it was difficult to get the rate much above 100 for any
sustained periods of time.
Not sure if there were any other VOs on , but saturday night family
committment... XYL's birthday
kept me busy and didn't get on until about 900 local time Sunday morning just
in time
to give K5ZD number 1 and his sweep,  I figured with the number of qsos he  had
at that time
without a VO  that was a good omen . Only my second attempt , last year was
half hearted
95 % or more was CQing and never did have to S&P for any sections .
GREAT FUN !!

Club Affiliation:

                             Signature Gus Samuelson

           MAILING ADDRESS: