[3830] K0RX CWSS SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0RX CWSS SOLP
From: k0rx@solon.eng.uiowa.edu (David R. Andersen)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:50:41 -0600

                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 07-Nov-98, 08-Nov-98, 09-Nov-98

    Callsign Used : K0RX
         Operator : K0RX

         Category : Single Operator - Low Power

 Default Exchange : S/N A K0RX 74 IA

             Name : David R. Andersen
          Address : 2761 Lakeview Dr. NE
   City/State/Zip : Solon, IA 52333
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

   80CW      331         331        662       6
   40CW      267         267        534      14
   20CW      379         377        754      45
   15CW       24          24         48      14

 Totals     1001         999       1998      79

    Final Score = 157842 points.

 Soapbox:
   Highlight - having VE4GV call in for the sweep at 00:30z on Sunday.

   Lowlight - We had some sort of weird heavy wet snow Saturday night that
              caused a problem that I've never experienced before.  It built
              up on the 40m beam driven element and shorted it out.  That
              meant no 40 meters for Saturday evening after about 1z.  I
              didn't know what was wrong at the time, but after it warmed
              up Sunday morning everything returned to normal.  80 and 20
              shouldered most of the load, but I'm sure it cost me some
              qsos.