[3830] K6CTA CW SS Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6CTA CW SS Results
From: ESchuller@sutro.com (Edward Schuller)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:06:12 -0500

                          1998 CW Sweepstakes

Call: K6CTA                                     Category: Single Op, High
Power
Section: San Francisco                     Hours of Operation: 20

Band         QSO         Pts
160              0              0
 80             54            108
 40            128           256
 20            368           736
 15            211           422
 10            178           356
           ================
                939         1878        X  78 (no NL) = 146,484

Club Competition: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

   I'm glad I started on 10M on Saturday! It was a last minute decision and
it turned out to provide some great rates. Since I am (still) a 1 radio
station, my usual plan is to move a down the bands a little early, to
make sure I get a frequency. This has always resulted in a slow start
on each band, but eventually rates build. Due to the run on 10, I decided
to stay as long as possible. So, I reversed my strategy and moved late
to each band, and stayed until it just about closed. This seemed to
actually work in my favor. The other change this year was to do little
or no S&P. Since everything I read seems to point to SF being a
somewhat "rare" section (hard to believe), I figured that the mults would
come to me. In fact, this proved to be true (except for NL!!). I worked
multiple stations in most all of the "rare" sections. As I went to bed
Saturday night, I was pretty excited (I was about 40% ahead of last
year's rate). Too bad Sunday was such a bust! No 10M, 15M opened
late, and in turn, 20M became a zoo. Still, it was lots of fun. Thanks to
all for the Q's.

Ed Schuller - K6CTA
Mill Valley, Ca.