[3830] NJ1V (at K5BN) SS CW SO/LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NJ1V (at K5BN) SS CW SO/LP
From: nj1v@phoenix.net (John Guida)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:46:03 -0600

                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 07-Nov-98, 08-Nov-98

    Callsign Used : NJ1V (at K5BN)
         Operator : NJ1V

         Category : SOLP

 Default Exchange : A NJ1V 77 STX

             Name : John Guida
          Address : 55 Windmill Drive
   City/State/Zip : Hempstead, TX 77445
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Texas DX Society TDXS

   80CW       12          12         24       1
   40CW      310         309        618       6
   20CW      668         668       1336      70
   15CW       10          10         20       1
   10CW        1           1          2       0

 Totals     1001        1000       2000      78  - Missed NL

    Final Score = 156000 points. - 24 Hours

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

Many TNX to Don K5AAD for the use of the K5BN Zavalla Amateur Radio
Club station. The station operated without a hitch. My biggest problem was
selecting from the number of antennas available. Missed NL for the sweep,
and after reading other comments, checking the spots after the contest,
and looking at my own scores, I guess I should have spent more time
checking 15M, and maybe I would have found Gus!

I also didn't take advantage of Don's 2EL 80 as my score reflects. Just not
used to having all of that antenna at my disposal on that band.

I used TR (6.31) for the first time. While I tried to spend some time using
the simulator before the contest. I did have some problems early in the
contest - learning curve and some pilot error as well. Took me a couple of
hours before I can say I was pretty comfortable with the software, probably
costing me some rate at the critical beginning of the contest. But the
program operated flawlessly. Nice stuff, Tree!

Great fun!

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.