[3830] K5PN '98 CW SS SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5PN '98 CW SS SOLP
From: k5pn@hotmail.com (Ron Chambers)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:48:34 PST
1998 Sweepstakes CW

callsign:  K5PN
exchange:  # A K5PN 61 NTX

class:     Single Operator, Low Power

Band       160  80   40   20   15   10  TOTAL
Q's          0   3  177  279   86   25    570

Sections:  All 79 (yep, made it for 1st time)

Raw Score: 79 x 2 x 570 = 90,060 +/-

club:      North Texas Contest Club (NTCC)

Equipment: IC765 with TH6 and 40M rotable dipole ~ 60ft

Lots of fun! Raining on Saturday here in Dallas so a good day to stay in
and operate. Can't wait to get first coffee cup!

Worked hard at it Saturday for 10 hours, then off and on Sunday to find
the last few sections for a sweep. A few Murphy problems with the
logging PC made life a little tough. A total of about 16 hours effective
operation. 2 hours spent chasing VO1MP on 20M to no avail! Then bagged
him on 15M Sunday afternoon with little effort. I will take propagation
anytime! VE2's not heard much. Really got confused when a GM3 called me
on 20M!

Sort of ran out of gas Sunday; don't think I had recovered from J3A CQWW
operation.

PS - Apologize to K5RX/NTCC for missing my 100k quota! And no, not going
to make it up on SS Fone!

PN