[3830] KB9THU SS SSB - 9 yr old Novice Log

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KB9THU SS SSB - 9 yr old Novice Log
From: k9ig@contesting.com (Greg Clark)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:40:23 -0500
This is for Alyssa - KB9THU - age 9

Alyssa was going to do this by herself but the computer logging was a
bit intimidating.  With that, her single-op turned into a Multi op with
Dad.  We had fun.

Alyssa did 80% of the operating and I did the logging.  She did try her
hand at logging but she has some more practice to go with that.  Her
favorite is to call CQ...hmm.  She used the DVK and learned that the F1
button is the place to be.

I think she really enjoyed her time on the radio this weekend.  Is was
great to have alot of you old-timers with BIG numbers taking the time to
encourage her.  That helps as she does put on the DAD filter at times.

Operating Time - 5 hrs 14 minutes
Best Rate - 54

Ops - KB9THU, K9IG
10M Only