[3830] W1EAT SS SSB 98 QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1EAT SS SSB 98 QRP
From: cooper@gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:01:03 -0500

        W1EAT Vermont section

        414 QSO's
         77 sections (no SF or YNT)
    63,756 points

         18 hours

        160' inverted-vee @ 35' (80 & 40m)
        30' inverted-vee @ 34' (20 & 15m)
        20' vertical dipole @ 33' (10m)

        Corsair II @ 5 watts

        When the whatever-it-was hit at about 1610Z I was on 20M, which got
real
noisy and even the big guys sounded QRP.  What happened?

        When we moved about 1/2 mile to this QTH, I used the TA program to see
how
much of an improvement being on the side of a steep hill would be.  It said
it was
like adding an element or two to my antenna.  HA HA, sure, I thought.
Well, I'm a
believer now.  Too bad I didn't have more elements to start with.....

        Thanks to those who had to dig me out, and my appologies for being a
speed
bump.