[3830] W4CAT (/m K1KY OP) CQWW CW 10m SOLP Claimed Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4CAT (/m K1KY OP) CQWW CW 10m SOLP Claimed Score
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:22:39 -0600
CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 29-Nov-98
    Callsign Used : W4CAT
         Operator : K1KY
         Category : 10M SO LP (Mobile) Unassisted
 Default Exchange : 5NN 04
        Equipment : ICOM IC-706 100W, KY-Log v.1.0 running on a
                     Bic Medium Point word processor.
          Antenna : WD4BUM "10 Mtr Hamstick" @ 5' AGL
                    atop a rotating Jeep Grand Cherokee.
         Location : Somewhere between Owensboro, KY and Smyrna, TN
             Name : Thomas M. Delker
    ity/State/Zip : Smyrna, TN 37167
          Country : United States
             Team : TEAM CHIHUAHUA DOS
             Club : TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP "CENTRAL"

    "Hello senorita, I am thinking: you, me, some RG-8X....eh?"

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

   10CW       74          73        188        26        15

 Totals       74          73        188        26        15

    Final Score = 7708 points.
    Time: 3.0 Hrs in motion (48 Q's), 1.5 Hrs at ease (26 Q's)

            RATE ANALYSIS   CQWW CQ 98 W4CAT (/M)

      Continent List  Continent Distribution CQWW 98 W4CAT (/M)

                                10
                               ----
              USA calls   =      4
              VE calls    =      6
              N.A. calls  =     13
              S.A. calls  =     24
              Euro calls  =      0
              Afrc calls  =      0
              Asia calls  =      0
              JA calls    =     19
              Ocen calls  =      7

              Total calls =     73

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 More fun than should be allowable. My 2nd run at this game
 again from the /M platform as the scheduling for this one
 puts me on the road for /F(amily) activities in Kentucky.
 Was planning to put some time into this one, but I couldn't
 find my CW keying interface for my laptop.  Drove to the
 Evansville, IN hamfest Saturday just "listening" to all the EU
 activity on 10 meters.  Enroute home to TN on Sunday, I just
 couldn't stand it, so I fired up the paperlog and paddlette
 paddles and away I went S&Peeeing down the road.  Was amazed
 how the pileups were easy to crack. (Didn't even pull the ole
 /m trick either!) Spent about 45 minutes trying the pile on
 VK9LX around 21:23 with no luck.  Found him later at 23:00
 alone and easy to bag. My daughter Katy (also a Ham) was
 with me during the trip and she had fun keeping track of the
 zones worked as I bagged and logged them. Upon arriving home,
 I ran to my nearby fishing hole boat ramp and parked with
 water all around me. Worked the remaining 1.5 hrs from there
 with no noise, pre-amp activated, nabbing JA's with ease. I
 must say that I was impressed as there were only about 5
 stations that I heard that could not be worked. Many thanks to
 all who pulled me out of the mud to make this another memorable
 event!

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4