[3830] OH7M CQWW CW 1998 M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH7M CQWW CW 1998 M/S
From: Mikko.Poyhonen@HMX.Honeywell.com (Poyhonen, Mikko (FI36))
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:54:09 -0700
                Call: OH7M                     Country:  Finland
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single
      Zone: 15

      160      106      160     1.51     19      69  1/4 GP, 5-el sloper
       80      183      288     1.57     23      97  5-el vertical group,
1/4 GP beverages
       40     1130     2498     2.21     33     128  3/3-el, 3/2-el yagis
       20     1232     2797     2.27     35     130  5/5-el, 2*3-el yagis
       15      880     2074     2.36     39     137  6/6-el, 5-el yagis
       10      412     1016     2.47     36     135  10-el, 6-el yagis +
2*TH6DXX,318Jr,Challenger (10/15/20)

     Totals   3943     8833     2.24    185     696  =>  7,781,873

OPS: OH7MS, OH7MHL, OH7KD, OH7KIR, OH6LNI, OH4LYX and OH4XX

CLUB affliation: Contest Club Finland (CCF)

Comments:

At last we had some good propagation in this part of the world! Of course it
could have been better in low bands.
Ten meters really exploded! We got 200 NA stations in log there. Most of
them  were 59+20Db!!
At 15 meters we missed only Zone 29, obviously a mistake :-)
20 meters was as usual.
40 meters was VERY good. I think our new 40 meter stack really works!! We
got 600 NA station in log there.
80 meters we could hear lots of new mults but they could not hear us! Should
have been more active there and find them before others.
160 meters score was not good after two nights, but last night Timo, OH7MS
really showed his DXer skills. Sometimes our multiplier rate was higher than
running station!

Thanks to all who worked us and cu in next one!

OH7M is our new call and we will be using that in coming contests.
QSL-Manager is  Ari,OH6LNI

OH7M is a new 2x1 call issued to Radio Team Soisalo ry. We have been
earlier signed in major and minor contest as OH7NTM,OH7AAC,OH7W,OH7M,
OH7X, OI7T and for now on will be signing as OH7M.

We have three full rotating towers (two 46 meters, one 36 meter) and 2
fixed ones (one 24, one 48m) with following antennas:

10:  10el, 6el yagis
15:   6/6, 5el yagis
20:   5/5, 2* 3 el yagis
40:   3/3, 3/2 yagis
80:   5 el vertical, 1/4-GP
160: 5 el sloper group, 1/4-GP

 In addtion we have six beveras, two TH6DXX, one 318jr and some various
dipole antennas to ensure good hearing and multiplier spotting. We have
some plans to put couple more antennas up but that wont happen until
1999.

OH7M is located about 300 km north-east from Helsinki and not so far
away from nordic-circle.We will be taking a part to CQWW CW in
Multi-Single category as we have done in  past five years from this QTH.
We are looking foward to get you in a log as many bands as possible. We
especially want to have some feedback about our 40 meter signal since we
just put up a new stack just before CQWW SSB. First experience are very
promising and new stack seems to do better job than our older 3 over 2
stack (which we still have ;-)

So for now on it is time to look for and work OH7M in a every contest.

OH7M Web page and pictures from our new 40 meter stack are not ready but
just to get an idea you can browse to:

http://www.qsl.net/oh4xx/oh7m.htm

73 de Mikko OH4XX