[3830] F5ITK SOSB (LP) UNASSISTED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] F5ITK SOSB (LP) UNASSISTED
From: artus@unimedia.fr (Artus Kollmorgen)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:14:31 -0000
                   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: F5ITK                    Country:  France
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Single Band (LP)
UNNASSISTED

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80        0        0     0.00      0       0
       40        0        0     0.00      0       0
       20        0        0     0.00      0       0
       15        0        0     0.00      0       0
       10      555     1325     2.39     26      73

     Totals    555     1325     2.39     26      73  =>  131,175

Equipment Description:

FT920
90W output  (Low Power CLass) UNNASSISTED
5 elem Yagi + 3el Tribander
PC with CT9

Club Affiliation: Clipperton DX Club

                             Signature ____Erwan L'HOTELLIER F5ITK

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               L'HOTELLIER erwan  F5ITK
               25, rue des gouronnieres
               ANGERS    49100

                              Continent Statistics
  F5ITK   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST    Single Operator Single Band     29 Oct
1998  1109z

                 160   80   40   20   15   10  ALL   percent

North America   CW     0    0    0    0    0  345  345    61.0
South America   CW     0    0    0    0    0   18   18     3.2
Europe          CW     0    0    0    0    0  172  172    30.4
Asia            CW     0    0    0    0    0   21   21     3.7
Africa          CW     0    0    0    0    0    9    9     1.6
Oceania         CW     0    0    0    0    0    1    1     0.2

-------------------------------------
Little comment for the contest

I am a casual operator on SSB at TM1C and this year, No team to use TM1C and I
take the antenna
farm for a week for the CQWWCW. I try a single op mono band 10m.
My CW level is not very high ... I train with from JE3MAS to improve my code
speed ;-))
I do the contest at 24wpm only ... And I thanks very much many american station
to repeat their call
1 ore two time (sometimes) and make a little QRS for me! MANY THANKS I
APPRECIATE SO MUCH!
I hope next year I 'll go faster :-)
The propagation was very good.
This is my first CQ WW CW (serious before little contact only) and my second
serious contest
(before national contest).
I heard many DX from asia but I miss some because of many people and my poor
90W!
I heard XX9X and XZ1A(very impressive pile-up from atlantic coast) And I heard
that many stations from
russia are very stong for these DX and with my LP and my QTH near atlantic
coast No contact :-(
I was please to contact China and mongolia ( 1/2hour to contact JT1A ;-) )
I hear some station in aceania but too much QRM and I haven't the strongest
signal!!
For African station, I lost some DX and lost also many mults ..
For America station, no problem for me .. It's the easiest contacts :-)

I make may nult there in Caribean and south america .. I only miss HI8, PJ8N
(too heavy North american pilelup
and he didn't hear me!) 3E1AA (he's going too fast .. I take 10min to
understand his call - but finally too heavy QRM
pileup)

So in conclusion I was a goog experience for me and see you on next contest.

ERWAN