[3830] ARRL 160: K8ND SOHP (No Packet)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160: K8ND SOHP (No Packet)
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:17:04 -0500 (EST)

                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST

Call used: K8ND                            Location: OH
Category: Single Op, High Power, No Packet
Callsign of Operator: K8ND

Hours of Operation: 17:17

   band      QSOs     points
   -------------------------
   160        920       1843
   -------------------------
   TOTAL      920       1843   X   75 multipliers  =  138,225

Club or Team Name: None (Expired Mad River)

       Equipment:   FT-1000MP, Alpha 91b
       TX Antenna:  Inv-L (40-feet vertical, ~100 radials)
       RX Antenna:  K9AY Array (Saturday only)

I wasn't planning to participate, and had the Beverages
and other receiving antennas were all rolled up in the
basement. I had no receive antennas installed for the first
night, and got the K9AY Array up late Saturday. I barely
got the radials deployed for the transmit antenna. Started
operating around 0400Z and ran to daybreak the first night,
and didn't start again until after 0200Z the second. I took
a "break" (dozed off) from 0700Z to 1100Z.

Hardly a dedicated, 'prime time' operation! I decided to
just CQ and take what came: missed NL, AB, NWT, AK, PR, and
only one DX heard or worked (J6A).

73,
Jeff Maass  jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us    http://www.netexp.net/~jmaass
USPSA/IPSC # L-1192  NROI/CRO   Amateur Radio K8ND     NW of Columbus Ohio
"Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do."
                                              - Bertrand Russell