[3830] WE9V 160M SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WE9V 160M SO Low Power
From: Chad_Kurszewski@css.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 09:33:01 -0600
                             ARRL 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : WE9V

         Category : S/O  LOW Power
          Op Time : About 6 hours

 Default Exchange : 599 WI

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  160CW      405         405        820      66         4

    Final Score = 57400 points.

Yaesu FT-1000, 2el Shorty 40, Shunt fed tower.

Just got back from KH6 the day before.  I haven't had time to
finish the 160M antenna at my new station.  I worked on the antenna,
only to have it fail miserably.  I worked the first 10 stations on
my CC XM-240 (40M beam), first call, no repeats.  Cool.  Finally
got the 160 antenna to work.  It must have worked well as I had
103 in the first hour, low power.  That was neat.  Mostly wanted
to see how the antenna would work, not a serious effort.  I guess
I'm relatively pleased with it's performance.  No beverages. That's
for next year.
---
Chad Kurszewski                 email: Chad_Kurszewski@css.mot.com
Senior RF Development Engineer  phone: (847) 523-8982
Motorola Inc.                   fax:   (847) 523-0078
Cellular Subscriber Sector