[3830] W4ZW 10 Meter Mixed SO/HP FL Contestors

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4ZW 10 Meter Mixed SO/HP FL Contestors
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:57:50 -0500
                   ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: W4ZW                      Country:  United States
      OP Time:  13.1 hours       Category: Single Operator Mixed HP

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       627     2512       52       64
      SSB      210      420       35       34
      Totals   837     2932       87       98  =   542,420

All reports sent were 59(9) FL, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: FT-1000MP, Alpha 87A, A4S

Club Affiliation: Florida Contestors

Soapbox.  Some day.  My contesting is in little snatches of time
between my kids' schedules.  Had to leave the great European
opening on Saturday morning with the 100Q rate above 120 for
a soccer game.  Back on in the afternoon with the US run rate
over 150 but QRT for a birthday party.  Got some time in on Sunday
but another birthday party in the afternoon.  Of my 13.1 hours, four
were late Saturday night after band was essentially closed except for
the surprise trans-equatorial opening about 11:00PM local that lasted
for almost an hour.

Just got the Alpha on the air this last week and now remember why
I've operated LP/QRP all this time.  Roof top antennas and the Alpha
depleted my supply of ferrites.  RF everywhere, so operated barefoot
about 50% of the time.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL