[3830] W9RE ARRL SOU MIXED 10 M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W9RE ARRL SOU MIXED 10 M HP
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:57:48 -0500
                    ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: W9RE                     Country:  United States
                                     Category: Single Operator
                                             : Unassisted
                                               17 hours
      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       750     3008       50       63
      SSB      750     1500       45       64

      Totals  1500     4508       95      127  =   1,000,776

Comments; Still having noise problems here, sometimes had to transmit on one
antenna and listen
on another.  Amazing how if you beam se you can work so many stations louder
than direct.
Band sure shut early on Saturday night and all I heard was KZ5MM and K5TR
from 0030z to 0400z.
Nice European opening both days, JA's a little sparse.  Lots of activity and
able to run 6's and
7's here most of the time on both modes.

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Mike Wetzel  W9RE
               7880 Shelbyville Road
               Indianapolis, IN 46259