[3830] WO9S 1998 10M Contest (SO LP CW)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WO9S 1998 10M Contest (SO LP CW)
From: ROSNER@uchepa.uchicago.edu (ROSNER@uchepa.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 9:44:59 -0600 (CST)
                        ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1998

        Call: WO9S              Country:  United States
        Mode: CW only           Category:  Single Operator, Low Power

        QSOs     Pts    States  Countries

        611      2456     50      65    => 282,440 points

        Power Output: 150 Watts
        Equipment: Yaesu FT-990 -> Heathkit SB-200
                   Force-12 C3SD Yagi

        Club Participation:     Society of Midwest Contesters

        Time on: Approx. 15-1/3 hours

        Jonathan L. Rosner,   WO9S

        Comments:  Enjoyed the EU openings on Saturday and Sunday even though
                I had to break up the Sunday operating a lot.  It was hard to
                have to QRT at 5:30 PM on Saturday and 3:45 PM on Sunday for
                other commitments!  Never had to work to crack a pileup, but
                looks like I missed some of the DX which was calling U.S.
                stations.  (Were 5N and 5H in S & P mode?)  Probably should
                have run more, but did better than I expected in any case.
                The amount of backscatter was remarkable - never expected to
                work all states except HI, WY, SD, VT, RI, and ME.