[3830] WP2Z (WD5N) CQWW-CW SOSB 10M LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WP2Z (WD5N) CQWW-CW SOSB 10M LP
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (Harper, David)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:09:36 -0600
Sorry this is so late.  I couldn't seem to get my computer at home to send
this without being in MIME format.

                CQWW SUMMARY SHEET

Contest Dates:  28-29 Nov. 1998

Callsign Used:  WP2Z
Operator:       WD5N

Category:       Single-Op Single-Band 10M Low Power

Default Exchange:  599 8

Name:           David Harper

Country:        U.S. Virgin Islands

Team/Club:      Central Texas DX & Contest Club

BAND    Raw QSO's       Valid QSO's     Points  Countries       Zones
-----------------------------
10CW    2513            2481            6364    104             30

Final Score:    852,776

(168 QSO's were made on other bands as a checklog)

Rig:    TS690S, 100W
Ant:    C4 up 30 feet on ridge overlooking ocean
Log:    TRlog 6.32

Comments:
This should be a new North American record (previously 252K). I wouldn't
have goofed around on other bands so much if I'd have known how close I was
to the world record (903K).  Oh well, lots of fun anyway.  It was nice to be
back at Windwood on top of St.Croix (WP2AHW in '95).  Within 15 minutes of
arriving at the house I was standing on the porch with my AEA 10M DX-Handy
(2-watt handheld SSB/CW rig with a 4-foot whip) and worked a guy in
Illinois.  Yeah, 10M was gonna be decent this year!

This is to certify...blah blah...