[3830] KB0VVT(10yr old yl) ARRL 10M SSB/CW M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KB0VVT(10yr old yl) ARRL 10M SSB/CW M/S LP
From: kg0us@swbell.net (David Rich)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:28:00 -0600
                       ARRL TEN METER CONTEST  1998

      Call: KB0VVT                   Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB/CW                   Category: Multi Single

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW        43      172       11        3
      SSB       62      124       17       11

      Totals   105      296       28       14  =   12,432

Operator List: All contacts made by Rebecca KB0VVT.  Logging and tuning
assistance
provided by my mother Barbara KG0UT for SSB, and by my father Dave KG0US
for CW.

Equipment Description:

Kenwood TS850SAT 100 Watts Output to Cushcraft R7 Vertical up 30 feet.

Club Affiliation: KANSAS CITY DX CLUB

Rebecca only had 2 or 3 hours available to participate in the 10 meter
contest. On friday
night we all saw the new Star Trek movie which was pretty good.  On
Saturday morning Rebecca
had to practice some basketball and had a basketball game on Saturday
afternoon.  On Sunday, she
had Sunday School, Church, and then a couple hours of Christmas program
practice.  She was in
the children's choir, an angel, and narrator this year.  She did a fine
job in the Christmas program.

Barbara assisted Rebecca when she was operating the phone portion of the
contest while I assisted her
during the CW portion. Mom earned her Extra class license but does not
appreciate the finer aspects of
CW like Rebecca and I.

I have just recently noticed that Rebecca is on the last page of her
very first log.  She has logged over
1100 HF contacts since a month after she turned 8 years old when she
earned her General class license.
Approximately 400 contacts are from contests while the remaining 700 or
so are regular phone or CW
contacts.

Rebecca has a very nice color QSL card taken while she was operating.
It does not matter if you foreign
or domestic, if you have worked Rebecca and mail her a QSL card she will
mail you one of hers right back.

Our family would like to wish you and your family
Happy Holidays!

Dave KG0US
Barbara KG0UT
Rebecca KB0VVT

The following photos and stories are available on the web about Rebecca:

http://www.qsl.net/w0mw/dayton02.html

http://www.icomamerica.com/ontheroad/photos/kansascity.html

http://family.go.com/Features/family_1998_10/kcfm/kcfm108radio/kcfm108radio.html

http://hamradio-online.com/1998/jan/rebecca.html