[3830] KS4XG UBA/SSB SOABHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KS4XG UBA/SSB SOABHP
From: ks4xg@pagesz.net (Pete Soper)
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 05:22:03 -0500
Callsign:  KS4XG                      Total Claimed Score     18146
Contest:  UBA SSB
Class: B - Single Op all band high power

Group Name: Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC)

Contest Exchange (e.g. County Code) 59###

Logger:
      Super-Duper: V9.28
      Copyright Paul O'Kane EI5DI  1990-98      www.iol.ie/~okanep

Band         160m     80m     40m     20m     15m     10m    Total

Valid QSOs      0       1       1      36      77      10      125
QSO Points      0       1       1      76     274      70      422
Bonus/Mult.     0       0       0      12      21      10       43

TX/RX:     Kenwood TS850 w dual INRAD 2.1khz filters
Power o/p: 600 watts (SB200)
Antennas:  2 element quad @20m (10, 15, 20m bands) sloping dipole@25m (40m)
           inverted V dipole @18m (80m)

Comments:  I greatly enjoyed this contest for the 2-3 hours I could take
           part. I got great results from adding "anybody anywhere" to my
           CQ call (every contact is worth at least one point). I recommend
           this contest to other non-europeans: try it, you'll like it.

           Special thanks to EI5DI for making his logger available for this
           contest.  I like it so much (for the Euro contests CT and TR don't
           cover well) that I've bought a license (not necessary for UBA, he
           provides a demo full blown logger for that test and the French REF).

           It was an extra treat that the last caller to answer my CQ before
           time ran out was ON6NL. Tony is a past low power winner of the UBA
           and provided extra insights into the test. I think he was very
           pumped by a USA station with # past 005 and talked of maybe finding
           JA stations next year.