[3830] N7IR CQ 160 CW SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N7IR CQ 160 CW SO QRP
From: gary.hembree@asu.edu (Gary Hembree)
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:45:46 -0700 (MST)
                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: N7IR                     State:  Arizona
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator QRP

               QSO   QSO PTS  ST/PROV  COUNTRIES

     Totals    268     611       46        6       =   31,772

All reports sent were 599 AZ, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
Ten Tec 546C running 5 watts out
486/120 running CT 9.10a
88 foot top-loaded, shunt-fed tower

Club Affiliation: Central Arizona DX Association

Soapbox:
Friday night was challenging, to say the least.  Noise was at summer levels
here  from storms to the east somewhere.  I did work a few stations east of
the MS just after our local sundown and KH6DX/M in ND(/SD) before!  On
Sunday the band was more quiet but activity seemed to be less than last
year and the ARRL 160 contest last month.  The JA opening was very long and
very loud on Sunday morning.  Worked JH5FXP for my only real long haul DX
of the contest.  Great ears OM!  9M6NA was very loud just after local
sunrise on Sunday, with the consequent monster pileup.
See you in the ARRL DX CW.
73
Gary, N7IR
DM43bi (aka NW Chandler, AZ USA)