[3830] VE7IN Phone Sprint SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE7IN Phone Sprint SOHP
From: Earl_Dery@mindlink.bc.ca (Earl Dery)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 19:35:50 -0800

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80SSB      39          39         39       1         0
   40SSB      70          70         70       5         0
   20SSB      85          85         85      33         1

 Totals      194         194        194      39         1

    Final Score = 7760 points.

Well I did a little better than last time but still down from my best. Got
to do something about the noise level here I never use to have, my apology
to anyone on 75 that may have called me and I didn't hear, I dislike being
of the alligator type.
A couple of guys mentioned my audio was breaking on twenty , thanks, the
problem is believe or not is the winds had come up here and the 5
element(actually 4 1/2 el)KLM
really seems to move around and I think the connecting staps between the
driven elements start to short out, you can see the SWR meter on the linear
go crazy infact I had to reset several times as the Linear shut down on me.
Hopefully I will have a lower twenty up by fall Sprint. I really enjoy this
short contest and I also hope I won't be recovering from a cold, I was a bit
slow a couple of times coming back to guys as I had to have a sip of
something to stop from coughing.
Thanks all for the Q's.
73 Earl VE7IN