[3830] KR4YL SSB Sprint LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KR4YL SSB Sprint LP
From: pk@ij.net (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 18:42:31 -0500
                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: KR4YL   (@WB2LEZ)                               Location: FL
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W
     Callsign of Operator: KR4YL

     Exchanged Information: KR4YL nr PAUL FL

     Hours of Operation: 03:53

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
      80         32         32
      40         59         59
      20         62         62
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      153        153   X   37 multipliers  =  5,661

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

First hour was by far the best.  40 and 80 were rough.  Static sucked big
time here in FL.  Worked K4XS on all three bands (40 was hard and he is less
than 20 miles from me.)

Heard mults missed: ON, MS, KY, AL

Was hoping to break 200Q but my rates on 40 and 80 were rather low so it
just didn't happen.  Last 7 mins of contest was a bust, couldn't work anyone
at all so..... oh well!

Always a fun contest and very challenging!  I hope to do this HP one of
these days with better antennas on 40 and 80M.

Decent activity overall and nice to hear all that broke 300Qs. (AD4DO gave
me 314 towards the end!)

73,
Paul

Paul E. Knupke, Jr.      Amateur Radio: KR4YL
pk@ij.net                Largo, FL
Proud Member of the Florida Contest Group!