[3830] K9GY CW Sprint - sLow Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K9GY CW Sprint - sLow Power
From: k9gy@contesting.com (Eric K9GY)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:55:37 +0000
Callsign Used : K9GY
         Category : Single Op - sLow Power

 Default Exchange : # ABE IL

             Name : Eric P. Hall
   City/State/Zip : Lansing, IL 60438
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters (Team #2)

Countries

   40CW       86          86         86      19         1
   20CW       41          41         41      15         1

 Totals      127         127        127      34         2

    Final Score = 4,572 points.

    Rigs: TS-930 and TS-440
    Ant:  Cushcraft R7000 - base at 11'

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Well, here's a timeline of the contest effort...

 1900-2300z Working on taxes in TurboTax, UGH!
 2300z Order pizza for the family (ordered too late!)
 2325z Pickup the pizza
 (Maybe I should of had it delivered!)
 2345z Eat the pizza...fast!
 2355z Check in with SMC gang on 40m, Setup TR
 Missed first 16 minutes...
 oh well, advanced preparation next time, hi.
 ...trying to get rid of the "band map" in TR
 but it's a default, DUH!
 0100z 30 Q's...encouraging given the slow start, hi.
 Burning up the ESC key...
 Ugh, taxes and contest in same day..headache, hi
 I thought about using the name "IRS" to freak everyone out
 0135z worked PI4COM in some other contest on 40m
 0230z Heard someone on 20m give out AK mult...um
 Cat comes by for some petting...
 0238z cat leaves and I work AK (tnx WL7KY)
 0320-0325z Catch TV news about hazing in the Marines
 0330z Watching weather on TV news while CQing on 40m.
 ...snow, again!
 Where's that 80m antenna when you need it?
 0354z Geez, a couple minutes left and the XYL wants to
 be tucked into bed.
 Hardest name to get, STEVE, goes real fast!
 Nice to work some DX! C6AKP, HC8N, XE1/AA6RX...cool!

 Side note: Last game played tonight in Maple Leaf Gardens
 and the Blackhawks actually won the game!
 Miracles do happen, hi

 February 12th is Abraham Lincoln's Birthday
 - that explains the use of "ABE", hey, he was tall too!

 Wow, them are some 'nice folks' on 80m SSB after the
 contest, geez, can't we all get along? Maybe that's
 why I operate CW more than SSB!

 See you all in the fall CW Sprint!

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the
NCJ North American Sprint, conscientiously applying my most
unethical interpretation of the rules for this contest
as set forth in the National Contest Journal.

14 FEB 1999  Eric "ABE" Hall   K9GY (ex-WD9GGY)