[3830] KL2A/W7 LP CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KL2A/W7 LP CW Sprint
From: KL2A@worldnet.att.net (Jonathan Kimball)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:14:56 -0800
 Operator : KL2A
 Category : Low-Power
Team/Club : Team-ster

 QSO   MULT  TOTAL
 224   43    ?    (pencil/paper)

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________
 WOW!  Had no idea the vertical on the beach routine would work for me in
the U.S.!!  Great start..had the exchange backwards a few times, as some of
you noticed..  @ about 0200 I took 30 mins to make an 80m antenna.  Found
130' wire, stuck a hockey stick at 40' in a tree above the water, and ran
the remaining 90' or so along the beach to a bush.  For the 'radial', PJ
style...tossed it in the ocean!  Heard Jose/BOH many times and worked
everything else I heard/missed earlier. ZF/XE/TREY-HC8.
RIG:  TS 930s 100w and "that wire"
Thanks for the quick blast guys!!

Jonnie Kimball

"It is those who act rightly who get the rewards
 and the good things in life."  --ARISTOTLE