[3830] CW Sprint for K4AAA (W4AN) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CW Sprint for K4AAA (W4AN) HP
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 12:17:43 -0500

     -------------------------
      80         99         99   4-square
      40        119        119   3el @ 105' WNW, 402CD NE
      20        138        138   5el @ 60' NE, 5el @ 45' WNW
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      356        356   X   48 multipliers  =  17,088

Not sure how I made 138 on 20 meters.  Probably stayed too long.  Very very
slow start this time.  When I finally got 40 going, QSO's came fast and
furious.  Missed a lot of you guys on 40 however.

Very easy to hear the west coast on 80 meters.  Frustrating getting beat
out all the time though.  The 4-square is probably not a plus in this
contest.  When I was "beaming" northwest, the guys in W1 were mostly gone.
I knew the 4-square was working when a W7 beat me out to WD4AHZ in north
Florida because I was still pointing NW.

Quite a few band changes.  Operated differently this time however.  Slight
change in the way I managed the two radios.  Probably an improvement.

Never heard Serge (VE2AWR).  Worked everything else I heard.

Big signal from the west coast on 80 meters was by far N6IG.  What's the
antenna there Jim?   Easiest station to ID quickly was VA3UZ.

Amazing QSO totals from Tree and Tom.  Congrats guys.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com