[3830] W3EEE arrl dx cw M/M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W3EEE arrl dx cw M/M
From: dsp@hifidelity.com (Steve Dove)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:47:40 -0500
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W3EEE                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Multi

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       39      117   3.0       32      inv-L, dipole @ 70'
       80      120      357   3.0       60      inv vert, dipole @ 70'
       40      752     2256   3.0       84      402-CD @ 80'
       20      551     1653   3.0       92      5 ele @ 72', 3 ele @ 45'

       15     1318     3954   3.0       98      3 ele @ 90', 4 ele @ 40'

       10      458     1374   3.0       84      4 ele @ 85', 4 ele @ 50'

     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3238     9711   3.0      450  =   4,369,950

     Ops:   N3BNA  &  W3EEE     'Micro-Multi' from Dale, N3BNA's place.

     All reports sent were '599 PA', just for a change.

     Equipment:  'BNA  IC-756 / HF2500     'EEE  IC-756 / AL1500

Club Affiliation:   F r a n k f o r d   R a d i o   C l u b

This is to certify that in this contest we never knowingly nicked anyone

else's frequency, always called 'QRL?' at least a couple of times and
tried to make sure we were at least 250Hz from anybody else.  Are we
alone?
By the way, is anybody else disquieted by the apparent drop-off in dx
multipliers this year, too?
Our intent was to maximise points so we dispensed with any notion of
dancing
around silly band-change rules, freeing us both to run wild.  Which for
quite significant chunks of time we simultaneously did;  otherwise
mostly
Dale went forth and multiplied, at which he excels, whilst my tuning
dial
might as well have rusted stuck, running.

73 and thanks for all the contacts!      Steve,   W3EEE