[3830] DF0KW SO/SB 80m ARRLCW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] DF0KW SO/SB 80m ARRLCW
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wilfried Gottschald)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:48:24 +0000
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: DF0KW                    Country: Germany
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Single
Band

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        0        0           0
       80      271      813          49
       40        0        0           0
       20        0        0           0
       15        0        0           0
       10        0        0           0
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    271      813          49  =   39,837

All reports sent were 59(9)KW, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:FT1000D, PA, Vert.Array, Beverage

Comments: A short, 4 hour stop on 80m impressed me, very nice condx in
          midwest and western USA, quiet band, so wish I had stay at
full
          time on 80m, but want to be 20m single this year. Using my
club
          call DF0KW for this short 80m entry.
          Worked a number of 6es and 7th still on their sundown at 01.15
also
          at 05.00. Northeastern US stns were not to strong this time,
but
          realy big signals from 4 and 5 land. Worked all 5 states,
missed
          NV and MT from the 7th and SD and NE from the ZEROs.
          So I never get 49 States in the past years so quick on 80m.
          May be will have a fulltime phone entry this year on one of
the
          low bands.

          73 Wil DJ7AA es DF0KW