[3830] NA2AA CQ 160 SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA2AA CQ 160 SSB SOHP
From: dminster@sprynet.com (David A. Minster)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:55:24 -0500
                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: NA2AA                    Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    363     941      50      18    =   63,988  (8 hours)

Equipment Description:

TS930S - TL922A - Inverted Vee @ 55'

Soapbox:

QRN brutual this year.  Highlights were working 3V through massive pileup,
KH7R first call (best ears in the world), and a QSO with N2LO on loops,
EWEs, and beverages.  Heard an interesting approach to frequency management
when about 20 guys "helped" an N3 move his fruitless CQ's away from 3V's new
calling frequency.  It took 20 minutes, but he eventually moved...  I love
these 160 contests but am growing increasingly disappointed in some of the
"tactics" being used by the so called big guns.  20 meter tactics don't work
on 160 and it's unfortunate that we all suffer the consequences.  Thanks to
those who called in... See you next year!