[3830] N2NT Arrl DX SSB Multi 2 Chicken Pox

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N2NT Arrl DX SSB Multi 2 Chicken Pox
From: n2nt@exit109.com (Andy Blank)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:29:30 -0500
Well I was supposed to go to N2RM this weekend but it's a good thing I
stayed home.

I am one of a select few that waited till age 42 to get the chicken pox! It
can be
dangerous as an adult, and as most of you remember, it is very
uncomfortable.

Anyway, W2GD was supposed to do SOA, but John graciously "allowed" me to
operate with him.
John is not afraid of a few thousand lil varicella virii on his heil
headset.
We started out as Multi Single, and it took us all of 15 minutes to break
the band change rule!
OK, multi 2.
About an hour later I started feeling really sick. I went to lay down, and
woke up 10 hrs later!
That's the way to run a m/2 with 2 ops. John did a good job thru the night,
working lotsa mults.
I bet he spent alot of time on topband, since he loves it so much.

We operated together through the day, and he slept Saturday night while I
operated. Most fun was
working VK/ZL on 20 in the wee hours. K1AR and I had the american group
going for a bit.

I woke John at sunrise, and told him to wake me when 15 opened. I got a nice
nap out of that deal!

We had fun, considering how lousy the condx were.
And I fell better now, but my face looks like a mountain range.
No jokes please, I heard em all.

73, Andy

 Call: N2NT                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Two

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       50      150   3.0       39
       80      251      753   3.0       80
       40      245      735   3.0       89
       20     1003     3009   3.0      143
       15     1024     3072   3.0      123
       10      538     1614   3.0      110
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3111     9333   3.0      584  =   5,450,472

OPS: W2GD & N2NT

Ants:
160 Delta loop @ 95'
80 2 el wire beam at 90'
40 2 el cushcraft @ 116'
20 5/5 @ 108/50'
15 6/6 @ 95/55'
10 6/6 @ 100/65'

All on 1  tower (Rohn 55), lotsa interaction.

Kt34xa @ 55' for quick switch.

IC 775/ Titan  +  IC765/ AL 1200