[3830] G0AEV ARRL DX SSB SO/HP/SB 10m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] G0AEV ARRL DX SSB SO/HP/SB 10m
From: steve@explore.force9.co.uk (Steve Reed)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:11:10 -0000
G0AEV Single Op, High Power, Single Band 10m, unassisted score in ARRL DX
SSB test:

Total QSOs :     348
Valid QSOs :     345
Points :        1035
Mults :           43

Raw Score :    44505

Station : FT1000, FL2277Z 400w, 5ele mono yagi

After a bit of a struggle on Saturday post-Aurora, took time out on
Saturday evening when the band was still just open thinking I would pick up
missed QSOs on Sunday.  Wrong!  Sunday brought only 2 Qs between 11.00 and
16.30 (although for much of the time I could hear scatter from W3LPL,
W4MYA, K4JYO and a few others, all had been worked previously).  And when
the band did open it was via north-skewed paths to CA, NV and AZ with
pronounced arctic flutter.  Interesting, but hardly conducive to high QSO
totals.  More worked from CA then anywhere: -

CA      43
FL      33
MA      25
TX      23