[3830] J3A (K1XX) ARRL SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] J3A (K1XX) ARRL SSB SOHP
From: k1xx@rindge.nh.ultranet.com (charlie carroll)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:16:34 -0500
Call: J3A                      Country: Greneda
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV
      160       30       90          16
       80      107      321          30
       40      677     2031          57
       20     1925     5775          58
       15     1432     4296          58
       10     1780     5340          58
     Totals   5951    17853         277  =   4,945,281

The 160/80 meter half sloper is only about 75 feet from a 10KV+ power
line.  As anyone can see, the line noise made 160 & 80 about useless.
All I can say is that anyone I worked on those bands was really loud!
Maybe next year I'll move to the EOC at the top of the hill where the
MMs are normally done and give it another go.

73  Charlie, K1XX