[3830] ARRL DX SSB - 4U1ITU

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL DX SSB - 4U1ITU
From: k2kq@weca.org (k2kq@weca.org)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:55:33 -0500
 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: 4U1ITU                   Country: ITU Club Station, Geneva
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160       0        0                 0
       80        0        0                 0
       40        0        0                 0
       20      557     1671          53
       15      585     1755          51
       10      296      888           34
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1438     4314         138  =   595,332

All reports sent were 59 500.

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1100/Yaesu Amp + Fritzel Tribander

Operator: Donald J. Toman, K2KQ
Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

                             Signature: Donald J. Toman, K2KQ

         MAILING ADDRESS:

               IARC  4U1ITU
               P.O.Box 6
               Geneva 20, CH 1211

4U1ITU QSLs ALL QSOs VIA THE BUREAU.  DO NOT SEND CARDS TO K2KQ.

This started out with the intention to be a three operator M/2 and ended
up as a single op 3-band only effort. Not a big score, but a lot of fun.
Too bad 10 meters was dead on Sunday.
With the 40 meter antenna out of operation, no 160 antenna, only two ops
available and with security requirements confining you to the building
between 2200 and 0700 local, the only thing to do was a single-op on 10,
15 and 20. In all, I put in 20 hours.
Next time, we'll plan on four ops with enough time ahead to fix antenna
problems. Not much we can do about solar flares.

73, Don...4U1ITU/K2KQ