[3830] W3PP ARRL SSB M/M (corr)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W3PP ARRL SSB M/M (corr)
From: ludal@dmv.com (Dallas Carter)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 06:46:15 -0500

----------
From:   Dallas Carter[SMTP:ludal@dmv.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, March 09, 1999 9:04 AM
To:     '3830@contesting.com'
Subject:        W3PP ARRL SSB M/M

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W3PP                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Multi

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       46      138   3.0       32      AA1K, WB4FDT, W3PP
       80      275      816   3.0       78      WB4FDT
       40      293      876   3.0       83      NX3A, W3PP, W3KQ
       20     1468     4377   3.0      141      AA1K
                                  15     1066     3147   3.0      113
W3PP, K3FT, NW3Y
       10      631     1884   3.0      102      N3KW
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3779    11238   3.0      549  =   6,169,662

Comment: Several lingering antenna problems from the CW weekend.  Still only
have a single 20m beam at 73 feet.  Rotor on the 4el 15 jammed and would
only turn North to South through West.  Lost the Henry 4K again, and had to
share the Alpha 76 between 15 and 160.  An operator shortage left us with
only 4 full time ops.  NX3A arrived at midnight and WB4FDT had to leave
Sunday morning.  Got a few hours from K3FT, W3KQ and NW3Y.  My wife's
birthday took me away Saturday afternoon and evening.  First day was good,
and we seemed to be on track.  The solar storm wiped out Sunday, but I guess
others had similar problems.  It was strange to hear the midwest running 15
on Sunday when we had to strain to hear Europe.  Ten didn't do anything on
Sunday with no European opening.  Now for a bit of nice wx to get some of the
antenna work done.  73  Dallas

All reports sent were 59, unless otherwise noted.

Operator List: W3PP, AA1K, WB4FDT, NX3A, N3KW, NW3Y, W3KQ, K3FT

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

                             Signature E. Dallas Carter,  W3PP