[3830] VE3FU - WPX SSB - SO 10m LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE3FU - WPX SSB - SO 10m LP
From: ve3fu@rac.ca (Chris VE3FU / VO2AC)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:38:00 -0500
                 CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VE3FU                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator - Low Power

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20        0        0   0.0        0
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10      540     1421   2.6      349
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    540     1421   2.6      349  =   495,929

Equipment Description: TS-430, EX-14 @ 50'

Although I worked 183 NA stations, I only worked 138 US for 94 Prefixes.  I
felt that the band never really opened to the US.  After sunset in EU, all
I could hear was SA, with an occasional US. I was expecting to run the US
like there was no tomorrow once EU shut down (N/S Carolina, GA, AL, MS, FL,
TX, etc), but it never happened.  There were times I would go a half hour
without a QSO .... I had worked everything I could hear!  Many times when
S&Ping I was told I was loud, but CQing was useless.  I had one small run
of 30 QSOs from 1800 to 1830Z Saturday, but that was it.  At the end of the
first 24 hours I had 423 QSOs, 295 Px for 325K points.  The second day I
worked 117 QSOs and 54 Px.  I knew I should have gone Single Band 15m!

9H3XY was the first EU heard and he was LOUD!
ZS6EZ was a beacon both days, all day long!
KM5X and NX5M were loud Saturday evening.

73,

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC
ve3fu@rac.ca