[3830] WT6V, @ N6RO 15m SOSBHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WT6V, @ N6RO 15m SOSBHP
From: becker@sprintmail.com (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 00:27:25 -0700
                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 30-May-99, 31-May-99

    Callsign Used : WT6V @ N6RO
         Operator : AE0M
         Category : SOSB 15m HP
            Power : 1500W
            Hours : 31:00
 Default Exchange : 599 #

        Team/Club : Northern California Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes   Antennas

   15CW     1466        1427       3333      639    3x 6el KLM yagis

 Totals     1466        1427       3333      639

    Final Score = 2129787 points.

            Radio : FT1000MP
              Amp : Alpha 76 with 3CX800's
         Software : TRLog 6.39

Conditions were GREAT, and 15m was THE band but I was only able to keep up
the pace for 31 hours.  I made 1466 Qs * 639 prefixes = 2,129,787 points for
the club.  Besides, the guy in the next chair on 20m was making too much
noise (@#$*&^! tuner-uppers!) and was up all night having fun (It's a
nightmare; I can't even take a bio-break).   How was I to get my rest?  I
just thankful it wasn't a phone contest!

Kenny, K2KW and Dean, N6BV stopped in on Saturday to make some "secret"
feedline measurements, they wouldn't say why, but the feedline was being
measured while suspended horizontally ...

One casualty was Kenny's MFJ 3 KW (so they say) tuner again.  While tuning
up on all three 15m antennas and putting a full 1.5 KW through the 'Coax 1
Direct position', I heard a loud POP and acrid smoke came out the turns
counter window for 5 minutes.  I bypassed it and finished the contest
without further events.

Many thanks to Ken and Jean again for letting me use the station again.

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, USA