[3830] CQ WPX CW '99 M/S - VE6SV

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW '99 M/S - VE6SV
From: gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com (Gord Kosmenko)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:42:49 -0600
        CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VE6SV                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160            0            0            0.0        0
       80             0            0            0.0        0
       40           111        456           4.1       42
       20          1364       3672         2.7      448
       15           981        2539         2.6      309
       10            33           77           2.3        8
     --------------------------------------

     Totals       2489        6744         2.7      807

                        =   5,442,408

Operator List: VE7AV VE6EX VE6EPK VE6NTF
                     VE6NAP VE6NAP VO1CV VE6SV

This was a first time entry for VE6SV in this event. It was at
least from our QTH a two band race. We did watch 10M, for
that "special" opening, but the only opening observed was
HC8N, it must be a "special" place. The other disappointment
was our inability to make it happen on 40M. Also our local
packet cluster lost its link to the outside world, so it did
not provide us with any support regarding prefix spotting.

We also lost about 20 - 30 QSOs due to a logging software
network hiccup, a reload had to be done and from that point on
the logging held for the remainder of the contest.

The Canadian CQ WPX CW Multi-Single record holder is
VE7UBC in 1997  4.2M   2072-QSOs    611-Prefixes

It was not realized until after the contest was over and we took
a search on to see how close we came - it was a very pleasant
surprise. Not claiming it yet ! Until all of the scores are in.

In closing, I would like to thank all the operators of the VE6SV
team for the solid efforts put forth to make this event a success
and too all the folks around the globe for the QSOs.

73 de Gord VE6SV

73 de Gord VE6SV