[3830] OH0V raw WPX CW 1999 score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH0V raw WPX CW 1999 score
From: jukka.klemola@nokia.com (jukka.klemola@nokia.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:20:36 +0300
Call: OH0V
Op. Jukka, OH6Li
Operating class: Single op single band 15m high power
Score: 3,076,748
QSOs: 1826
QSO Points: 4358
P/QSO: 2.39
Multis: 706
Club: CCF

Rig: kW from commercially available equipment
Logging: computer
Antenna: home designed & built 4+4 el up 9 & 17m (30 & 56 ft),
upper rotarable, for turning lower had wonderful opportunity to stand up
and run a bit, i.e. do some relieving off-chair work

Comments:
Bands were not closed during the weekend.
They were not open either; steady flow of QSOs but no runs.
Despite this, getting through pile-ups was surprisingly painless from this
end.
Big guns from JA/USA were not as loud as they usually are and
I had a feeling smaller pistols had trouble getting a QSO with me.
EU was completely missing. Some south Europeans came through
at times.
More stations came through backscatter type of propagation from odd
directions.
We are used to have direct openings on 15 between, for example DL and OH0.
Missed a lot of multis because of that; and more than a hundred potential
one-pointers.

At the beginning of the contest, I was too tired; had to sleep 3 hours
already
during early Saturday morning our time.
However, even the last hour produced some nice QSOs, so I did not
feel I lost all that much after all.

9A3GW seems to have had at least some propagation to Europe.
Congratulations for excellent score!

OH0V QSL via OH4JLV

73,
Jukka OH6Li