[3830] KF6RDO ARRL June VHF QSO Party

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KF6RDO ARRL June VHF QSO Party
From: kf6swi@arrl.net (Michael Jones)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:41:19 -0700
Preliminary results look good for us compared to our first group effort in
Jan 99

Rough score is 26,570 compared to 15,340 in January. Zero equipment problems
but we were sorely lacking on our 2m contacts for some reason. 6m was great
for us this contest. Long contacts from here in Southern California out to
SE South Dakota, E Nebraska, E Colorado, and Louisiana on Saturday. Sunday
brought a nice opening to the north all the way into Canada. We seem to be
getting competative with the local 6000-7000 foot mountain toppers (with a
couple obvious exceptions like W2ODH/6 they ROCK! good luck guys) and of
course the population density isn't near as nice as the east coast.

Most importantly, we had a GREAT time!

Listen up for us in September, we've already begun looking at going for the
'most grids activated' record.

73 de KF6RDO