[3830] K6LL SCORE IARU SOHP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6LL SCORE IARU SOHP CW
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:56:55 -0600
    Callsign Used : K6LL
         Operator : K6LL
         Category : Single op, high power, CW only
 Default Exchange : 5NN6
        Team/Club : SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONTEST CLUB

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

   80CW       45          45        113       3         7
   40CW      251         250        924       6        23
   20CW      832         812       3328      21        40
   15CW      647         629       2557      19        34
   10CW      105         104        312       3        11

 Totals     1880        1840       7234      52       115

    Final Score = 1,208,078 points.

I kind of lost focus on this contest because we had
moved to San Diego for the summer earlier in the week,
and there was a lot going on.

I basically expeditioned back to Yuma for the weekend,
and operated from the almost-vacant house. It was 112
degrees and very humid outside. The air conditioner
was grinding away, fighting the heat coming off the
amplifiers. I kept thinking of the xyl on the beach in
San Diego, and kept wondering what the hell I was doing
in Yuma. The score's not too bad for a tribander at 48
feet, but I could have done better.

Heard W6EEN, my closest cw contest neighbor, easily
running EU's that I had trouble copying.

I'm writing this from San Diego, where it's almost noon,
and it's 75 degrees. I had planned on commuting back to
Yuma for the NAQP's, but that doesn't sound very attractive
right now.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
San Diego, CA
K6LL@juno.com