[3830] K9TM Aug NAQP CW SO OH

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K9TM Aug NAQP CW SO OH
From: tim.k9tm@totalink.net (Tim Mitchell)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 09:39:16 -0400

160:   17     10    Inv-V
 80:  132     38    Inv-V 60'
 40:  224     46    2el beam 75', n/s dipole 40' wx0b stackmatch
 20:  106     43    XA 66', XA 32'
 15:   52     23    "
 10:    6      5    "
=================
      537    165    88,605

Radios: FT1000D, IC756
S/W: NA and 2 radio switch-box

Was not sure if condx were very bad or participation was very bad or both?
Obviously by some of the scores posted, condx were very bad in W8 to places
where the activity was originating from (based on several good scores I have
seen).  Worked my bum off on the two radios and had close to 200 band
changes, was on no less than 3 and at times 4 or 5 bands each hour.  Could
not seem to keep rate anywhere.  Had much more success at moving people than
in the past, BIG thanks to everyone who moved.

Most worked state: TX, CA - 37
                   TN     - 34

Telltale signs that condx/participation were off for W8... IN/OH/MI usually
at or near the top of the list!  This time they were way down and places
like FL, GA generated more Q's.  Don't think the bands were that long...
W8/W9's worked had expected signals.

Still a good time and good tune up for the coming contest season.

73 Tim K9TM