[3830] AD5Q - NAQP CW SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AD5Q - NAQP CW SO
From: ids@nol.net (R.S.Hradilek)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:59:51 -0500
    Callsign Used : AD5Q
         Operator : ROY
        Team/Club : Unknown - Maybe TDXS #1 - Ben?

  160CW       15          15         15       6
   80CW      101         101        101      34
   40CW      218         214        214      47
   20CW      220         214        214      44
   15CW      108         107        107      29
   10CW       10          10         10       8

 Totals      672         661        661     168

    Final Score = 111048 points.

Didn't get all my SO2R changes done in time, so further
improvement is expected in this area. Spent much of the
contest in frustration over bugs in the software I was
using, especially when I couldn't stop it from sending
the wrong message by pressing ESCape. Noticed that
several others had the same problem, barfing on my freq
with a CQ when they meant to send an exchange. Next time
I will have this problem cured (without hot switching to
the dummy load). I did save time by not making a list of
all the bugs (cuz I never sent in my list from WPX).

10 and 160 were not very productive here, though many
stations were copyable on 160 from W7, W8, W9, W0 and
even a W2 (AA2GS). None of these guys heard me, and all
the 160 contacts in my log were in W4 & W5.

I would like to meet K8DD.

This is my favorite stateside contest.

Roy -- AD5Q