[3830] N8KWX/R ARRL SEPT VHF CONTEST

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N8KWX/R ARRL SEPT VHF CONTEST
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:49:22 -0500
Here's our rover score from the ARRL September VHF contest:

Call: N8KWX/R
Operators: N8KWX, KE9NA

Grids Activated: 8 (EN54, EN64, EN53, EN63, EN52, EN62, EN51, EN61)

Bands: 6m, 2m, 222, 432
Modes: SSB, CW, FM

Antennas: Mainly Horizontal Omnis mounted on my truck.  Also used a 4
element 2m beam
Power Out: 60 to 150 Watts depending on band

QSOs: 604
QSO Points: 821
Grids Worked: 72
Grids Activated: 8
Total Mults: 80

Final Score: 65,680

This was my first rover in the September contest.  After having a most
AWESOME rove last January where we did really well, we wanted to see if
we could beat our score.  We did!  It was a new personal best for Marc
and I.  It was also nice to rove in 70 degree weather and not in freezing
temps with blowing snow!  The only weather hiccup was Sunday when it
rained, but we didn't complain!

Just wish more of you HF only folks would discover the joy and fun of VHF
contesting!  :-)

73,

Jon
KE9NA