[3830] CQWW SSB K8LN SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K8LN SOAB HP
From: k8ln@neo.rr.com (k8ln@neo.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:04:59 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K8LN
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 24?

  160:      7      4      5
   80:     31      9     20
   40:    107     23     57
   20:    184     26     76
   15:    218     25     67
   10:    425     23     74
-------------------------------
Total:    972    110    299  =  1,136,611

Comments:

The bands couldn't have been better!  Every thing in order, Wife in New
Mexico and I'm on vacation. I was in my third straight 100 plus hour on 10
meters Sat. morning, (a personal first for me and it's addictive!) and the
"standard balun" on the TH7 failed. Yes they (who-ever they are now, MFJ?)
have(?) a balun that is made to handle more than 50% duty cycle. I don't
climb. Scott K8DX, who helps and encourages me had his hands full going
after a new 15 meter single op record.  So with no Beam I decided to not
operate until after dark and play on 40-80-160.  Sunday after church I
tried to work the world on an inverted Vee, this must be something like
operating QRP. I did manage to log 170 more Q's and a bunch of new mults. I
can only wonder what my score could have been. There are some super
stations out there. It's one thing to be loud and most can do that, but my
hat is off to those who could hear my 60 watts from a wire on 20 meters.

John
K8LN

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/