[3830] OT9e CQWW RTTY MSHP RESULTS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OT9e CQWW RTTY MSHP RESULTS
From: on4aoi@ping.be (GUY)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 05:38:53 +0200
CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: OT9E
Location: KESTER, BELGIUM

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, High Power  (MSHP)

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80           213    445    14      48    12
40           338    782    35      65    21
20           551  1415    50      85    33
15           630  1682    50      81    30
10           348    972    48      64    27
--------------------------------------
Total     2080  5296   197   343   123

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 3.511.248  (MAYBE NEW EUROPEAN RECORD ???)

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f
      tnx Ray for the temporary license
    Ray I think they passed the message I gave to an
    HC8N-OP to you about VO2 not counted
    since you were allready running v4.4g .... .. Is it fixed ??

OUR DESCEND SYSTEMS USED COMPARED TO OTHERS :

Station 1:  Rig: Yaesu FT1000mp + Amp 1Kw  -- Running Station
                Ant: 14 el/ 18.3m ON4ANT-SPECIAL-BEAM for 10-12-15-17-20
Meter
                       (see http://www.cebik.com/on4ant.html) for more info
                      : 1/4 vertical with elevated radials for 80 Meter
                      : inverted V for 40 Meter
                 Pc : PIII 550 Mhz WIN98SE (no problems with dos programs
.... ..)

Station 2:  Rig: Yaesu FT1000mp + Amp 500 W - Multi Station
                Ant: 4 el TET HB34d (20 years old and nearly looking like a
SPIDER)
                        for 10-15 (20 swr 3/1)
                      : 1/4 vertical with elevated radials for 80 Meter
                      : 1/4 vertical for 20 Meter
                      : inverted V for 40 Meter
                 Pc : PIII 550 Mhz WIN98SE (no problems with dos programs
.... ..)

Packet Station : Laptop PII 233 Mhz - TNC2H running QWPACKETEER in hostmode

COMMENTS :

With Murphy in the Neighbourhood we got the network fixed only 12 minutes
before the contest .... ..
All was working very well (for plenty hours) days before the contest,
but 5 hours before the start there he was Mister MURPHY, result nothing
worked anymore.
Don't panic I said to John ON4ANT via the GSM I'm comming.
Meanwhile I was driving 180km/h and with nearly the same hartbeat I arrived
there 15 min later. It took us still 4 hours to fix it.

Runnings on all bands were not to bad exept 10 meter for which we had to
wait
untill sunday afternoon and extreem good propagation very late on our sunday
evening.
One strange observation we HAD was that the runs from USA and JAPAN were far
below normal.
Was there a special day or so ??
Since missing MT, ND, NV, SD, VO1, NB, VE8, VY1 & VY0 is not normal !!

Next time we hope to have some more multiplier antennas hoping that the
results will improve.

CREWMEMBERS OF OT9E : ON4ANT-JOHN, ON4GG-GEERT, ON4AME-HERMAN & ON4AOI-GUY
GUESTOPERATORS      : ON4CBA-ANDY, ON4AWK-STAF & ON4AMM-MARY-LOU (YL)

Power Output: 1000

Club Participation: DRC

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."

Date 30/09/1999  Signature DEWAELHENS GUY Call ON4AOI mgr OT9E

QSL GOES VIA ON4ARC

DEWAELHENS GUY, ON4AOI