[3830] K3ANS PA QSO Party score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3ANS PA QSO Party score
From: William N. Goodman, CPA" <goodmancpa@enter.net (William N. Goodman, CPA)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:28:27 -0400

From: William N. Goodman, CPA, K3ANS  <goodmancpa@enter.net>

Small multi multi from K3ANS, in Northampton County, Eastern PA:
Total unedited score: 507,370 points. 1906 total good QSOs.  936 CW QSOs and
1970 Phone QSOs.  CW QSOs are worth 2X points on 160 and 80 meters, and 1.5
X points on other bands.   Worked all 67 PA counties for sweep, all ARRL
sections, and almost all Canadian sections, except YK, LB, NWT, and PEI.
Total multipliers were 147 out of 151.  Also worked the special event
station, W3HA, on 10 band/modes, for 2,000 bonus points.   Operators: K3ANS,
DL1IAO, KC3WX, and N3VJA.  Three transmitters plus occasional 2 meter FM
QSOs.  We broke the record,  which was 404,151,  set in 1998 by K3II crew.
Conditions were better on Saturday than on Sunday. But neither were great.
Contest ran from 12 noon Saturday to 1 AM Sunday and from 9 AM Sunday to 6
PM Sunday,
local EDST.  If this is the sunspot and solar flux high, than I dread the
low!  It has been much weaker than the past solar cycle.  10 meters and 15
meters were disappointing.   Had no computer network, so merged logs after
contest.  Thanks to W4WN/3 and N3IYX for loaning transceivers, amplifiers,
and accessories.  Thanks to WF3H for doing antenna work and repairs. Thanks
to Hope Goodman, chief chef and housekeeper who allowed us to operate all
weekend!  Score goes to Delaware Lehigh ARC, where KC3WX, K3ANS, and N3VJA
are members.   K3ANS, DL1IAO, and KC3WX are also members of Frankford Radio
Club.  See you in CQ WW Phone contest with another puny multi entry. Thanks
to many FRC members who gave us QSO's on many bands, although they were not
in the contest.  Also much thanks to the mobiles who roved to many rare
counties permitting our sweep.  Thanks to the many rag chewers and nets who
did not complain when we were near their frequencies.  No comment about the
bugler who played Revile on our  75 meter frequency.

Breakdown:

Band            CW QSOs        Phone QSOs

160                    31                        17
  80                  128                      252
  40                  312                      459
  20                  394                      706
  15                    46                      356
  10                    25                      152
144                      0                        28
Total                936                   1,970   =    2,906  QSOs

Bill Goodman, K3ANS >>