[3830] CQWW CW 3A/W0YR Multi-Single HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 3A/W0YR Multi-Single HP
From: w0yr@aol.com (w0yr@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:27:50 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: 3A/W0YR
Operator(s): HA5JI, VA3EU, K6CT, W0YR
Station:

Class: Multi-Single HP
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:     54      3     21
   80:    885     15     67
   40:   1786     33    112
   20:    664     30     98
   15:    445     30    101
   10:   1026     29     95
-------------------------------
Total:   4840    140    494  =  5367444

Comments:

Whoever said "getting there is half the fun," never left Budapest in a
blizzard
and then arrived at the HA/OE border 10 hours later (should have been a 1 1/2
hour trip) to be confronted by a geeky customs officer.  He said we had so
much
equipment with us that we would have to be considered a "commercial"
operation.
 This meant 12 hours of arguing with customs, putting up a deposit and driving
back 45 miles to a customs house to open a commercial account and fill out
40-plus pages of Hungarian hogwash.  Finally we got into Austria and bumbled
our way across OE/I/F to 3A arriving at 9 am on Friday.  Sleepless, we erected
all but one of the antennas and dived into the fray.  The sunny 3A weather
revived us.  Could not get packet to work so no help for mults.  Got call from
suspicious 3A who wanted to make sure we WERE actually in 3A and not faking it
from France.  Hotel people were great and helped us in every way.  Great
friends, great time, great contest.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/