[3830] CQWW SSB N0AH SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N0AH SOAB HP
From: dinsterdog@aol.com (dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:54:43 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: N0AH
Operator(s): N0AH
Station: N0AH

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 31.5

  160:     13      8      7
   80:    147     20     42
   40:     85     21     41
   20:    200     27     71
   15:    367     30     79
   10:    736     30    100
-------------------------------
Total:   1548    136    340  =  1965880

Comments:

Of the the 147 QSO's and 42 countries worked 80 meters, only one was out of
zone 14. Condx to EU from here, on 80 meters, from either WX QRN or band
conditions, were dismal. But everything else was perfect- And I had a blast on
10 meters- I'd like to suggest 2 constructive comments to a minority crowd out
there:

1. If you are in the USA and you need a USA zone, you ought to try and find one
before the last hour of the contest.

2. If you are a DX station running stateside, giving out your call helps-

It was comical experiencing the stress of these two types of scenerios-

Only had one equipment snafu- my 40 meter antenna shorted out on the first
night after the wind blew something against the coil wedging it against the
antenna-

Other than that, I have no excuses- 73 Paul  N0AH