[3830] CQWW SSB K3ANS Multi-Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3ANS Multi-Multi HP
From: goodmancpa@enter.net (goodmancpa@enter.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:29:39 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K3ANS
Operator(s): K3ANS, N3VJA, W3ZL (EX-W4WN), WB2K, K3YD, N3IYX, K3ZTJ, KC2ZA,
KC3WX
Station: K3ANS

Class: Multi-Multi HP
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     46     14     31
   80:    145     17     68
   40:    195     25     89
   20:    802     38    146
   15:    510     35    126
   10:    821     36    153
-------------------------------
Total:   2519    165    613  =  5,513,686

Comments:

Chief housekeeper and chef:  Hope Goodman (K3ANS - XYL).
We spent too much DXing and not enough running. 10 meters wss phenomenal.  The
low tribanders were beating my high monobanders all the time.   We had many
ops, but they could not spend much time on the air, so we were actually
understaffed for the three transmitters running.  Several good ops cancelled or
did not show up.     I have no explanation for the no shows, other than to
assume they give contesting low priority.  The cancellations were because of
work and wives.  KC3WX had a burst ear drum, so he could not operate much.  His
doctor scolded him for the few QSOs he did not make.  N3VJA is a tech plus with
great enthusiasm and committment.  He has a bright contesting future until he
gets too busy with work and wife.  Thanks to K3ZTJ and N3IYX (not contesters,
but good friends) for jumping into the empty chairs for a few hours to pick up
the slack.  Thanks also to N3IYX, W3ZL, and KC3WX for lending transceivers and
amplifiers. Go Frankford Radio Club.  73, Bill, K3ANS>>