[3830] CQWW SSB AE4RO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AE4RO SOAB HP
From: ae4ro@gate.net (ae4ro@gate.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:37:20 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: AE4RO
Operator(s): AE4RO
Station: AE4RO

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      6      3      6
   80:      6      5      4
   40:     29      7     24
   20:     68     16     46
   15:    163     28     81
   10:    242     30    103
-------------------------------
Total:    514     89    264  =  511,144

Comments:

Equipment Description: TS-570D, FL-2100B (300 watts) & MFJ tuner...
Antennas:  160 meter sloper & The driven element of a A3 which came down during
Hurricane Irene. The rotatable "dipole" was on a 25' mast. Also lost my 40'
tower.

Comments: This was my toughest contest activity ever. Murphy struck during
Hurricane Irene.. My tribander and 40 meter beam were badly damaged..A 160
meter sloper on my 58' tower w/tuner was used on 40, 80 & 160.. The driven
element of the tribander was used on 10, 15 & 20.. With all of the frustration,
I think I did pretty well.. I still wonder how I got through some of the
pileups..

Club Affiliation: Florida Contest Club