[3830] CQWW SSB KI0LO SOAB Assisted HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KI0LO SOAB Assisted HP
From: martyt@pobox.com (martyt@pobox.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:03:43 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: KI0LO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB Assisted HP
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:      0      0      0
   80:      0      0      0
   40:      0      0      0
   20:     42     18     35
   15:     49     17     36
   10:     64     24     58
-------------------------------
Total:    155     59    129  =  80652

Comments:

This was only a casual entry for me -- too frustrating trying to fight the big
signals Friday night with my wimpy dipole, and too many other things going on
around the house. I finally put up my TA-33Jr on Sunday morning and was
impressed with the improvement over the dipole, even with the tribander on my
roof at about 35 ft. Was primarily looking for new countries and found about 10
so it was a productive weekend in my mind.

Band conditions were great especially on 10m - this is my first trip through
the solar maximum, and if it's like this in 1999, just think what it'll be like
next year! See you all then!