[3830] CQWW SSB N2BIM Multi-Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2BIM Multi-Multi HP
From: n2bim@njdxa.org (n2bim@njdxa.org)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 06:02:45 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: N2BIM
Operator(s): K2BM; N2BIM
Station: N2BIM

Class: Multi-Multi HP
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:      0      0      0
   80:     34     13     24
   40:     80     22     62
   20:    213     33    109
   15:    395     35    120
   10:    748     36    148
-------------------------------
Total:   1470    139    463  =  2,535,022

Comments:

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club, Inc.

Equipment Description:  Stn 1: Icom 765 & Titan Amp
                        Stn 2: Omni VI & Titan Amp
             Antennas:  TH6 @ 71' and 40/80 Dipole at 68'
                        500' NE Beverage - No 160 Antenna

We didn't really get started until Saturday morning.  One leg of
my 220 service went off at around 7:00 PM on Friday night.  The
Titans made some real funny noises with only 110 going into them.
Fortunately, the N2BIM Node was on the leg that stayed on!

The guy from the power company showed up at around 9:00 PM.  He
checked the entire outside service, but couldn't find anything
wrong.  He even check the transformer out on the pole, and came
back and said that that was OK too.  We bagged the operation until
Saturday morning, not wanting to destroy anything.

On Saturday AM, we decided to "fix" things.  Well, low and behold,
we didn't have to: everything worked OK.  So off we went.

We spent all of Saturday doing S&P for mults.  We didn't have the
extra relay that we needed to make the Contest Voice Blaster interface. I
purchased the software the week before the contest. So we did it the hard way,
by bleating our heads off.  Tough on your voice box after awhile.

However, we had a great run on 10 meters on Sunday morning.  Way
up the band at around 28,950.00.  Lots of fun!

Most of the QSOs on 15 meters were done on the 2nd station,
using the 40/80 dipole, fed through a tuner.  It's amazing what 1500
watts can do.

We're not real proud of the 2.5 meg, but for a couple of CW ops,
it's 2.5 meg more than the Club had before we started.

We can't wait for CW!

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club, Inc.